Welcome to the blog of author Kathryn Cushman!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Resting the Remote

My family decided (okay, my husband and I decided) that we should go a week without turning on the TV. Today is day 6, and I have to say, it has been WONDERFUL!
We don't watch a ton of television anyway, but the evening hours usually find a show or two going. This experiment made me really nervous--what would we do during our usual TV time? Would everyone be extra cranky?
Quite to the contrary, we've played games several nights, we've run errands without anyone being upset about "waiting until this show is over", there hasn't been a single fight about which show to watch, or prolonged channel surfing during commercials.
Ahhh!
I do know that our TV WILL be on this Sunday night (day 8, btw). Extreme Makeover Home Edition will be airing a show featuring the Woodhouse family. The mother, Kim, is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and she has been posting email updates about the process. I can't wait to see it all in action. (Note: I think there are two episodes this week, the first is a re-run, the second is the Woodhouse house).
Have a great weekend!

No comments: