Welcome to the blog of author Kathryn Cushman!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some fun (and rather disturbing) facts

Did you know that...

...if your cat comes walking through the house with a live bat in his mouth--yes, I said BAT (black winged rodent that looks really creepy, just so we're clear)

...and if your cat scampers outside and begins to "play" with said bat in your laundry room

then...

...if your cat's rabies shots are up to date, he gets a booster. If they're not, well, I'm glad we didn't have to find out.

...you have to take the bat carcass into animal control for testing. FYI- they prefer that you use a glove to pick it up, and put it in an empty coffee can. Not knowing this, I used a HEAVY DUTY Ziploc bag.

Can we just say YUCK right about here!! We'll find out in a few days if Buddy the Bat had rabies. Either way, all should end well for Boots the Cat, and Buddy the Bat has gone on to his... uh... reward?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yikes!

I would have freaked.

Anonymous said...

hmmm i had a similar experience :)

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

I'm sure you'll be happy to learn that I tagged you over at A Christian Worldview of Fiction, Katie. It's an easy meme--pretty fun, I think.

Becky