Welcome to the blog of author Kathryn Cushman!

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fire!


This is what's happening in my neck of the woods right now. My home is not in danger at this point, but some strong winds could change that in a hurry. My brother-in-law's home is right on the fire line and in immediate danger. We are praying for calm winds, heroic firefighting, and most importantly, safety for all involved.
Last night, all of Santa Barbara lost power for a few hours. At a time like that, you realize just how dependent you are on TV, and computer, for news during a crisis.

3 comments:

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

I've been thinking about you, Katie. I went through fire in the hills above Santa Barbara when I lived there, so I know it's not fun.

I'll be praying with you for calm winds and heroic firemen. May God protect you and yours.

Becky

Julie Carobini said...

Praying for you too my friend! My mom called yesterday and asked if I'd heard from you. Had a feeling this was near your extended family's. So sorry.

Kathryn Cushman said...

We were evacuated last night. A couple dozen people (and their various pets) spent last night at the office building where my hubby works. I think my home is still standing, but don't know for sure.